Friday, August 20, 2010

Snellville Zoo?

Denise F. wrote in to the My Snellville Blog Facebook page about Snellville Zoo. I wasn't aware we had a zoo (we don't) but we also don't have a beach, and that hasn't stopped me from making a silly blog about it.

Denise says that Snellville Zoo is only about a mile from Snellville Beach. It would be great to go to the zoo and then hit the beach. What a day! I'm exhausted just thinking about the possibilities.

Please indulge me as I dip into reality for a moment. We don't have a zoo in Snellville, but we do have a wonderful game ranch called the Yellow River Game Ranch. The Game Ranch cares for many tame deer that visitors can hand-feed. They also have buffalo, a cougar, goats, donkeys, black bears and more. It's a great family outing.  From Snellville, head west (toward Stone Mountain) and the Yellow River Game Ranch  on US78 in Lilburn. You will see a large billboard with a stag on it. You will love your trip there. Make sure you take your camera!

1 comment:

  1. I lived near beautiful beaches and a huge zoo for 40 years but was never as happy as I am living in Snellville with all its simple comforts and countless joys. THIS is paradise.

    ReplyDelete